The next RETHINK Office: New York takes place on September 17, 2019. Join corporate real estate executives, office property leaders and workplace specialists as we gather for the fourth annual event in New York City. This year’s keynote speaker is Bill Rudin, CEO of Rudin Management, a driving force behind the cutting edge Dock 72 office building in the Brooklyn Navy Yards.
This year’s conference offers a bold opportunity to re-examine many closely held beliefs about how office space should be designed, taking a fresh look at workplace strategy, office building design, employee-friendly technology and major cost savings initiatives. We will look at current trends and key pain points shared by large and fast changing tenants, giving special attention to the massive shift towards flexible office strategies. On tap are expert panels, focused interactive workshops, closed-door roundtables and educational presentations.
Already involved are top real estate executives from Netflix, McDonald’s, Google, Nuveen, Silverstein Properties, Boston Properties, EQ Office, the Moinian Group and more. Save the date or just register today at the early rate before the price goes up. Don’t miss this special opportunity to connect with your peers, update your knowledge and rethink office.
Chief Executive Officer
ATTENDING COMPANIES (PARTIAL LIST)
- Albanese Organization
- American Express
- Aurora Capital Associates
- Blackstone Group
- Boston Properties
- CBT Architects
- CCC NYC
- Cove Property Group
- EQ Office
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Fidelity Investments
- Ganiaris Realty Group
- Gerson Lehrman Group
- Gochman Group
- Heritage Equity Partners
- Hunter Roberts Construction Group
- Industry City
- Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti
- Johnson & Johnson
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- JPMorgan Chase
- Kaufman Organization
- Kushner Companies
- Marriott International
- McDonalds Corporation
- Medidata Solutions
- Moda Operandi
- New York Post
- Normandy Real Estate Partners
- NYC Office Suites
- Onyx Equities
- Rudin Management
- Sage Realty Corporation
- Silverstein Properties
- SJP Properties
- TEC Systems
- TF Cornerstone
- The Moinian Group
- Time Equities
- Times Square Alliance
- Treeline Companies
- Twining Properties
- United Group of Companies
- Vornado Realty Trust
- Wells Fargo
Data-Driven Tenant Experience: The Emerging Power of Data & Analytics in CRE Decision Making
We explore the current capabilities and future potential of data and analytics gathered from tenant experience platforms. The session goal is to highlight how analytics can be used to empower office landlords and managers to better understand and respond to tenant needs, leading to optimized asset strategies and maximum returns.
- David Chiapoco, Head of Marketing, Equiem
Adaptive Footprint: Next-Generation Workplace Strategy & Office Design
Function drives design, but balancing the demands of company management, the wants of employees and the fundamental constraints of a given space or building can often lead to conflicts and the need for compromise in design and workplace strategy decisions. Which elements do you prioritize when designing office buildings or spaces, and which take a back seat?
- What methods do you use to uncover how people are currently working?
- How do you then determine what would improve the workplace experience?
- At the building level, what are key design factors that drive value to tenants?
- How does smart building technology integrate into workplace strategy goals?
- Marc Schwartzberg, CEO, Office Furniture Heaven
- Galina Breslav, Sr. Director – Asset Management, Nuveen
- Jake Elghanayan, Principal, TF Cornerstone
- Amit Persaud, NYC Development & Repositioning, View | Dynamic Glass
- Scott Philips, Director – Workplace Management, McDonald’s
- David Rotbard, Global Real Estate – Workplace Strategy, Verizon
- Megan Spinos, Director – Workplace Strategy, Vocon
Stop Checking the Boxes: Does the Avocado Toast Generation Still Reign?
- Haril Pandya, Principal, CBT Architects
Workers’ Paradise: Top Landlords and Tech Tenants Discuss the Best Money Can Buy
As top firms like Netflix and Google square off for the best and the brightest workers, office building owners and developers put in overtime to provide the most cutting-edge buildings and spaces possible. When competing at the top end of the industry, the result can be a worker’s paradise of location, views, design, technology and function. What do you give the tenant who has everything?
- How do tech tenants view real estate in their arsenal to attract top talent?
- How does price per square foot rank versus more qualitative priorities?
- What are the advantages to owner-occupied versus leased office buildings?
- When building on spec, how do office developers anticipate tenant needs?
- What latest technologies and hardware are going into new buildings and spaces?
- What KPIs can be measured and verified that positively affect productivity?
- Brendan Weiden, Partner, Jaros Baum & Bolles
- Marty Burger, CEO, Silverstein Properties
- Craig Henricksen, VP – Product, Kinestral
- David Klatt, SVP – Operations & Analytics, Logical Buildings
- Adam Lutz, Real Estate Project Executive, Google
- John Powers, EVP & Regional Manager – New York, Boston Properties
Show me the NOI: Putting Artificial Intelligence to work
Whereas CRE data analysis traditionally involved sifting through reams of historical operating statements, Artificial Intelligence can be applied to automatically analyze a broad array of property and external information in real-time, and create actionable, personalized notifications sent to teams in the CRE organization. Leveraging these insights and predictive analytics can result in an increase of 1-3% in NOI.
- Maya Gal, Chief Revenue Officer & Co-Founder, Okapi
Tenant Experience: Hospitality as a Key Driver in Leasing & Workplace Decisions
Given the large amount of new office space coming online, many corporate tenants are taking the opportunity to move into brand new or newly re-developed space, supplementing with flexible office strategies to allow for a more diverse range of work options. The “software” of the space (including amenities, services, hospitality and tenant experience) often plays a big factor in choosing whether to renew or move, and where to go next. What are the key priorities in regards to tenant experience when making tough choices as the lease term draws near?
- How do larger corporate tenants view flexible office options today?
- What factors go into the negotiation to stay with the current landlord?
- How are office owners successfully encouraging tenants to stay or move?
- In what ways does tenant experience factor into leasing decisions?
- What are the most important services and amenities that attract tenants today?
- How much does price play a factor in leasing decisions?
- Abe Schlisselfeld, Partner, Marks Paneth
- Ellen Albert, Executive Vice President, Viacom
- Robert Finger, Founder, Fogarty Finger Architecture
- Nicole Meyer, Principal, Kushner Companies
- Richard Morell, EVP – Business Development, Equiem
- Gregg Weisser, Executive Managing Director, Moinian Group
Future Proof: How Georgia Pacific Retooled Their Headquarters to Attract and Retain Top-tier Talent
Georgia Pacific’s Headquarters was designed in the 1980’s. The design and furnishings did not support attracting and retaining talent. GP needed to accommodate the way people are working now and will work in the future. Come hear this special talk from Georgia Pacific executive Andrew Schindler on key decisions GP made when remodeling over 550,000 square feet, and gain new ideas to apply to your firm’s unique situation.
- How to make most of your real estate for talent attraction?
- How to build today to allow for flexibility in the future?
- When to incorporate third party leases to add vibrancy?
- Which design choices lead to productivity increases and energy savings?
- How much space to allocate per employee?
- When to deploy a new digital backbone to your building’s infrastructure?
- Andrew Schindler, Senior Program Director, Georgia-Pacific
Dock 72: Lessons Learned Creating the Next Generation Waterfront Workplace
Dock 72 is the latest office building to come online in New York City. Located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard and anchored by WeWork, the building represents the confluence of next-generation office building, space and workplace trends. Come hear Bill Rudin, CEO at Rudin Management, discuss the difficult obstacles that were faced and the innovative–and, often inspiring–choices that were made to bring this building to life. What lessons can we all learn from this experience?
- Bill Rudin, CEO, Rudin Management
- Jonathan Mechanic, Partner & Chairman, Real Estate Department, Fried Frank
Closing Remarks, Event Conclusion & Refreshments
INVITE-ONLY CLOSED-DOOR ROUNDTABLES:
Conference registration does not automatically qualify you to participate in a Roundtable; separate registration is required.
If you are interested in participating, contact Claudia Gutwirth at email@example.com.
Office Owners / Developers / Managers Roundtable
Corporate Occupier / Tenant Roundtable
The sponsors of RETHINK Office not only make this conference possible,
but they are among the most forward thinking organizations in the industry..
Interested in sponsoring a RETHINK conference? Contact Amber Collins at (646) 783-3940 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT RETHINK OFFICE
RETHINK Office is a national conference series held in cities where high cost office property intersects with high cost office workers, driving a powerful business need to control expenses while also doing everything possible to activate real estate as a tool to attract and retain talent.
Participants are largely corporate real estate executives from large and/or fast changing organizations, as well as office property managers, owners and developers. In addition, select attendees with expertise in areas of design, technology, data, leasing, law, accounting and workplace strategy participate. The goals of each event vary by region but inevitably revolve around central themes of workplace strategy and design, development and construction, leasing and management, technology and innovation, with the aim to identify key factors that influence employee attraction, productivity, connectivity, collaboration, health and wellness and energy use, while identifying ways to reduce expense per square foot.
What it means to be Powered by GreenPearl
We believe in the magic that happens when the smartest, boldest minds come together resulting in business growth and industry evolution. We build high-value events that foster relationships, tap into intellectual wisdom, promote authentic interaction and create success for our clients.