Ropes & Gray
Sally Davis practices in Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments & transactions group. She routinely represents private equity funds, institutional investors, hedge funds, asset managers and other financial institutions in a wide variety of transactional real estate matters, including the negotiation of complex joint ventures for real estate investments and related acquisitions, dispositions, financings, recapitalizations and preferred equity structures. Sally is known for developing innovative solutions for achieving client business goals, such as expanding into new asset types, creating hybrid deal structures, or exploring new approaches to governance. She has also represented several nonprofit organizations in connection with their owned and leased real estate assets.
Sally serves as the chair of the real estate group’s training committee and is also involved in firmwide recruiting and Women’s Forum initiatives.
- Representation of a capital partner in a joint venture with respect to the venture’s acquisition of an office building in New York City (to be re-developed into a mixed-use retail and residential condo project, consisting of approximately 220 residential units and approximately 40,000 net sellable square feet of retail space) for a purchase price of $88 million, as well as the related negotiation of acquisition and construction financing for $180 million.
- Representation of an institutional investor in the $330 million acquisition of a 423,000-square foot office building in New York City, including negotiation of bridge financing for $220 million.
- Representation of a capital partner in a joint venture with respect to the venture’s sale of a portfolio of 21 apartment complexes in and around Midland County, Texas for nearly $300 million.
- Representation of the investment manager for a large university endowment in connection with the negotiation and structuring of a complex joint venture and recapitalization of large multi-family portfolio in Long Island, New York with total commitment of $275 million.
- Ongoing representation of large alternative asset manager in connection with the negotiation, structuring and formation of complex real estate joint venture and fund investments in various real estate asset types.
- Ongoing representation of an early stage real estate operating partner and developer managing multiple classes of assets throughout the United States.