Brownlee Whitlow & Praet
Norm has spent his entire career representing real estate investors, property owners, property managers, and the owners of small to midsize businesses. As a business owner he understands the needs of his clients.
Norm is active in the North Carolina real estate investment community. His notable involvement includes sitting on the Board of Directors of the Apartment Association of North Carolina, the Board of Directors as General Counsel to the Triangle Apartment Association, and two committees at the National Apartment Association.
In addition to the legal counsel portion of his practice, Norm is the Managing Partner and as such faces with the same challenges and rewards as his clients who own or manage the businesses where they work.
When not working on or in BWP Norm is often found coaching his elementary school age daughter and son in soccer and flag football.
Professional & Civic Associations
- National Apartment Association – NAA PAC Trustee, Affordability Housing Committee
- Apartment Association of North Carolina – General Counsel, Government Affairs Committee-Co-Chair, Affordability Housing
- Triangle Apartment Association – General Counsel
- North Carolina Bar Association – Real Estate Law Section & Business Law Section
- American Bar Association – Law Practice Division
Principal Areas of Practice
Real estate and business transactions and litigation including:
- Commercial Real Estate Purchase, Sale, & Refinance
- Multifamily Purchase, Sale & Refinance
- Residential & Commercial Landlord/Tenant Litigation
- Residential & Commercial Lease Preparation & Negotiation
- Business Entity Formation, Sale & Governance
- North Carolina State Bar (2009)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina (2011)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina (2010)
- New York (2000)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (2002)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2002)
- New Jersey (1999, inactive)
- U.S. District Court for District of New Jersey (1999, inactive)
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D. (1999)
- Rutgers University, B.A. (1995)