Morris, Manning & Martin
Matt Sours is Chair of and partner in the firm’s Real Estate Development and Finance Practice. He primarily represents developers and investors in all phases of commercial transactions, including development projects, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and related loan closings for retail, medical, multi-family, hotel, industrial and office properties. Mr. Sours also provides leasing services for landlords and tenants in all asset classes.
Prior to joining Morris, Manning & Martin, Mr. Sours worked for a local retail developer in legal and business capacities and before that, Mr. Sours worked for a global law firm.
BAR ADMISSION: Georgia, 1996
▪ Representation of retail developers in developing, leasing and selling shopping centers consisting of more than 4 million square feet in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, California and the Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan area.
▪ Representation of public non-traded REIT in acquiring more than 2.5 million square feet of retail and office properties throughout the United States.
▪ Representation of public non-traded REIT in acquiring a portfolio of 18 multi-family properties in North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Virginia.
▪ Representation of developer in connection with development of a 410 unit apartment complex as part of a mixed-use development adjacent to a local sporting complex and equity and debt financing for portions of said development.
▪ Representation of a developer in connection with the development of West Village, a mixed-use development on more than 50 acres consisting of retail, apartment, condominium and single-family components.
▪ Representation of landlords and tenants in connection with retail, office and industrial leases totaling more than 5 million square feet.
▪ Representation of developer in acquiring and redeveloping a former Ford plant in Norfolk, Virginia.
▪ Representation of industrial property owner in acquiring a portfolio consisting of 17 properties in the Dallas, Texas metropolitan area.
▪ Representation of student housing developer in connection with a 390 unit student housing complex in Columbia, South Carolina.
▪ Representation of hotel developer in developing franchises for national hotel chains in Atlanta, Georgia and Montgomery, Alabama.
▪ Representation of group of investors in acquisitions of loans secured by variety of distressed properties throughout the metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia area.
University of Virginia, B.A., 1993
Emory University School of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1996
Attorney Title Guaranty Fund Award