Mark J. Weinstein is the President and Founder of MJW Investments. After beginning his career as an attorney, Los Angeles native Mark J. Weinstein founded MJW Investments in 1983 when he discovered the potential of real estate investment and development through several successful ventures. Under his leadership MJW has acquired approximately one billion dollars of real estate holdings in all asset types.
In addition, Mark spearheaded the adaptive reuse of Santee Village, one of Los Angeles’ largest adaptive reuse projects of over 800,000 square foot of mixed use in the Fashion District of Downtown Los Angeles. His passion for and expertise in property repositioning is a guiding factor in the company’s growth and success.
Mark is the majority owner of the firm’s $1BN diversified real estate holdings. More recently, Mark led the firm’s strategic growth into student housing and amassed a portfolio of student housing properties at Michigan State, Washington State, Brigham Young University, UC Santa Barbara, Oregon, Arizona State and Texas Tech. The firm continues to expand its National multifamily portfolio. Student Housing Magazine named MJW Investments one of the Top 25 Owners and Managers of Student Housing in 2017.
Throughout his career, Mark maintains active associations and leadership with numerous civic and philanthropic groups. These include a three-year term as Chair of the Jewish Federation’s Real Estate Construction Division, serving as the Chair of the Real Estate Division and LA Council for AIPAC; and active associations with the Young Presidents Organization (YPO), the Guardians, an agency dedicated to serving the elderly.
Mark holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California at Santa Barbara (Summa Cum Laude) and a Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School (Dean’s List).
Notable Events and Awards:
- The Mensch Award from Breed Street Shul. Breed Street provides social programming for Latino and Jewish communities.
- Urban Cowboy and Treasures of Los Angeles Award for leading Downtown Renaissance by the Central City Association
- AIPAC Latino Community Liaison with Congresswoman, Church and Temple
- Three times Voted 500 Most Influential People in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal
- USC Lusk Real Estate Board
- Founding Member of Venture Philanthropy group of RPO
- YPO National Multi Family chair
- International Executive Board of YPO Real Estate Division
- Vice Chair AIPAC Real Estate Council
- LA Mayor’s Council on Housing and Development
- National Chair for UJC Philanthropy Forum (JLF)
- Executive & Board Member of Jewish Federation
- Voted Icon in Real Estate by the Real Estate Forum