President – Development
Middle Street Partners
Responsibilities: Lead the Company’s Development and Construction divisions throughout the Southeastern U.S.
– Manages sourcing, capitalization, staffing and the overall success of all development projects
– Manages new debt and equity relationships on the development pipeline
– Prior to MSP, Johnson served as Vice President of Development for the NRP Group, a national multifamily developer, where he covered the Atlanta and Nashville markets and opened up the Atlanta office for NRP.
– Prior to NRP, Johnson served as Vice President of Development for Wood Partners in Atlanta, where he developed more than 1,800 multifamily units and 22,000 square feet of commercial space with a total capitalization in excess of $560 million.
– Before joining Wood Partners, he worked in Investment Banking for Genesis Capital, LLC in Atlanta. At Genesis, he worked on mergers and acquisitions across several industry groups including real estate, manufacturing, retail, and sports and entertainment.
– Johnson earned a JD/MBA from the University of Georgia’s School of Law and Terry School of Business with a Finance and Real Estate concentration, and he graduated magna cum laude with a BA in English and Classics from Washington and Lee University.
– He is actively involved in the local Atlanta Community and currently serves as a Board Member of the Virginia Highland Civic Association.
– He’s on the Stakeholder Advisory Board for the Atlanta Beltline Special Services District (SSD), and is a founding member of the AB67 – a group of professionals who advocate for the Atlanta Beltline in support of the Atlanta Beltline Partnership.
– Johnson is also active in the Atlanta Chapter of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and is a 2016 graduate of ULI’s Center for Leadership program.