Duval & Stachenfeld
Danielle Ash is a senior real estate associate in the firm’s Real Estate group, as well as a member of various specialty practice groups, including Opportunity Zones, Fund Formations, Real Estate Finance, and The Bronx. She has expertise in a wide array of real estate matters, including joint ventures, construction and permanent financing, multi-stakeholder negotiations and development projects, and complex fund formations, and regularly represents borrowers, lenders, sponsors, institutional investors, and developers in New York City and throughout the country.
Some of Danielle’s notable transactions include:
- negotiation and closing of $116,000,000 construction financing from a major institutional lender for a mixed-use historic structure in Philadelphia on behalf of the project’s sponsor and developer;
- representation of a real estate fund with US and non-US investors on establishing a mortgage loan origination platform;
- representation of developer/sponsor in obtaining more than $500,000,000 in construction and EB-5 financing for development of a mixed-use condominium development in downtown Manhattan;
- closing of over 20 CMBS loan originations and subsequent securitizations for major institutional banks;
- platform LP investment in blood plasma collection center operating business;
- Co-GP investment in series of storage facilities and multifamily developments located throughout NYC;
- acquisition and capital restructuring of downtown Manhattan property for a foreign philanthropic trust involving complex subleasehold condominium structure in connection with the recapitalization of an alternative non-profit school; and
- led team of attorneys in performing in-depth due-diligence on the underlying assets for the acquisition of a $4 Billion portfolio of mortgage and mezzanine loans for more than 500 properties located throughout the U.S.
Danielle is also a member of Women in Housing and Finance, Women in Funds and the New York City Bar Committee on Housing and Urban Development, as well as an active member of the Associate Board of WHEDCo., a South-Bronx based affordable housing developer and economic development non-profit. She was previously a guest lecturer for an introductory real estate development class at the NYU Schack Institute and is on the Alumni Board of New York Law School, her alma mater.
Danielle joined the firm in January 2015 from the Real Estate Department at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrisson LLP and is magna cum laude graduate of New York Law School, where she was a John Marshall Harlan Scholar affiliated with the Center for Real Estate Studies. She received her B.A. in Urban Studies from Columbia University.