Ropes & Gray
Chrystal LaRoche has built a robust, broad-based real estate practice working with investment firms as well as Fortune 500 and midmarket companies on matters ranging from the purchase and sale of real properties and mortgage portfolios to joint ventures and leasings. Chrystal’s clients have long benefited from her keen understanding of the U.S. real estate market and related businesses.
Chrystal also has tremendous breadth of capability, frequently working with clients in Ropes & Gray’s private equity and finance practices on real estate aspects of mergers, acquisitions and related financings. Her clients have included PIMCO, Abrams Capital Management LP, Foundation Medicine, Harvard and Amerimar Enterprises, Inc., and private equity firms that rank among the largest in the United States.
- Representation of PIMCO on matters relating to administration of PIMCO sponsored private investment funds with regard to real estate investments, including the acquisition and disposition of investments in individual and pooled, residential non-performing and re-performing mortgage loans.
- Representation of distressed investment division of a premier private equity firm in acquisitions of individual and pooled non-performing loans, including FDIC auctions.
- Representation of Netrality Properties in the acquisition of 401 North Broad Street, a 1.3 million square foot internet and data carrier hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Representation of private real estate investment company and its large investment fund capital partner in the purchase of a hotel property in Queens.
- Representation of global investment bank in connection with bridge financing for a proposed retail and entertainment complex at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- Representation of consortium of lenders in negotiations with developers to revitalize and complete the construction of a proposed retail and entertainment complex at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, New Jersey.