Survival Kit: The Outlook for the Southeast Apartments Market
We are in unprecedented times. The state of the market 12 months ago seems like a bygone era. Last year, the Southeast was responsible for the majority of national job growth. In 2020, we are faced with a global pandemic, social unrest and massive unemployment. And yet, reopenings are in full swing across the region. Developers are itching to get their pipelines restarted, while investors sit on the sidelines with piles of cash waiting to see how things will play out. How are these factors impacting the apartment industry across the Southeast?
- How have rental rates, rent payments and occupancy held up since March?
- How is unemployment affecting the outlook for the apartment industry in the Southeast?
- Which metro areas across the region are suddenly more attractive in light of the pandemic?
- Where is development restarting and what can we expect in light of reopenings?
- How has the current situation affected construction costs, availability and timelines?
- In what ways has the pandemic created new opportunities for distressed deals and projects?
- John Leonard, FVP & Regional Manager – Atlanta Marcus & Millichap
- Johnson Bazzel, Senior Partner, Middle Street Partners
- Michael Bippus, Managing Director, Waypoint Residential
- Chris Boone, Associate Principal, Lessard Design
- Kory Geans, Chief Investment Officer, Middleburg Communities
Powered by GreenPearl
Private Label Conferences
We believe in the magic that happens when the smartest, boldest minds come together resulting in business growth and industry evolution. We build high-value events that foster relationships, tap into intellectual wisdom, promote authentic interaction and create success for our clients.