Updated Value-Add Strategies to Rethink the Buy-Fix-Sell Game panel
Class B and C properties have in some areas been hit harder by unemployment and non-payment of rent, and with the delay in stimulus payments, the situation appears to be getting worse for some. The typical Value-Add strategy involves buying up B and C properties and upgrading them, if not to Class A, at least to a higher quality product that attracts higher paying tenants. How has the pandemic changed all that, and what is the outlook for the value-add rehab model in the Mid-Atlantic region?
- How are buyers finding and funding new deals today?
- In what ways has the risk profile of acquiring older properties changed?
- How has the pandemic affected value-add construction projects?
- Will we see a wave of distressed selling and, if so, how big will it be?
- How has the crisis changed the rehab business plan? Are social amenities now less valued?
- Which technologies are being incorporated into newly refurbished properties?
- To what degree are apartment unit interiors being altered to allow for more office space?
- What about single-family-for-rent opportunities?
- Sean Beuche, Regional Manager – Philadelphia, Marcus & Millichap
- Nickolay Bochilo, EVP – Investments, Bell Partners
- Sarah Davidson, Principal, Insight Property Group
- Matt Ferrari, Co-CIO & Head of Acquisitions, TruAmerica Multifamily
- Johnny Moseley, Chief Executive Officer, Moseley Multi-Family
- Cris White, Managing Director – Investments, Penzance
Note: there were some technical difficulties that prevented Nickolay Bochilo from participating and delayed Sarah Davidson from joining at the start.
Powered by GreenPearl
Private Label Conferences
We believe in the magic that happens when the smartest, boldest minds come together resulting in business growth and industry evolution. We build high-value events that foster relationships, tap into intellectual wisdom, promote authentic interaction and create success for our clients.