Apartment Construction & Design Pandemic-Driven Challenges and Solutions
The COVID crisis has driven an enormous number of changes in the short term, but how many of these changes will become permanent? In the near term, construction projects have been greatly affected but not always for the worse, with increased availability of contractors and workers to get the job done. But, with the cost of lumber going through the roof and possible demand shifts in how apartments should be designed, the way forward is not an easy one. In the long term, developers and re-developers are rethinking how properties should be designed, as well as what unit mix makes sense in light of social distancing and increased work-from-home tenants.
- How have construction projects that are underway been affected by the crisis?
- What is the impact upon projects that are in the pipeline but not yet started?
- How are developers and designers rethinking the unit mix of future properties?
- In what ways are interiors being re-considered? What features are suddenly more attractive?</ >
- How is the overall layout of amenities and common spaces being rethought?
- What materials are safer to prevent transmission of viruses and other pathogens?
- What alternatives are there to standard lumber to address the cost problem?
- What will the long term consequences to the construction and design industries be?
- Sean Stadler, Managing Principal, WDG Architecture
- Alisa Brem Rosenberg, Managing Director – Development, Republic Properties
- Sheila Nale, Senior Project Manager – DC, Bohler
- Josh Posnick, Managing Director – Development, Mill Creek Residential Trust
- Sarina Rose, SVP – Development, Post Brothers
- Katie Wiacek, Managing Director, Hines
Powered by GreenPearl
Private Label Conferences
We believe in the magic that happens when the smartest, boldest minds come together resulting in business growth and industry evolution. We build high-value events that foster relationships, tap into intellectual wisdom, promote authentic interaction and create success for our clients.