Opportunities: Multifamily Finance and Investment in a Changed World
In the spring, the pandemic caused issues with most deals, with only the most motivated sellers and buyers closing deals. Meanwhile, equity sources largely pulled back waiting to see how the pandemic, unemployment and reopenings would affect rent payments, rent levels and occupancy rates, among other key metrics. Now that we’ve seen that rent collections are far better than feared, buyers are reentering the market, driving new deals forward, some at discounts and some at or above pre-COVID prices. Lenders as well are starting to reengage at acceptable LTVs. What’s next for multifamily capital markets, and will there be special opportunities created by the pandemic? Join this special online panel to learn more about the state of capital markets, both debt and equity for multifamily deals across North Texas.
- How have deal terms and underwriting changed due to the pandemic?
- How are banks and other lenders adjusting their LTVs and covenants?
- Which equity investors are actively investing in deals right now?
- Which types of deals have fallen out of favor and which are on the rise?
- What unique opportunities has the current situation created for equity investors?
- Richard Katzenstein, SVP & National Director, Marcus & Millichap Capital Corp.
- Kelli Carhart, VP – Multifamily, Freddie Mac
- Paul Doocy, Co-Head of Real Estate, HQ Capital
- Bruce Fraser, Managing Partner, Elkhorn Capital Partners
- Dustin Gabriel, Vice President – Originations, Petros PACE Finance
- Paul Hughson, Executive Managing Director, Island Capital
- Jay Porterfield, Executive Director – Agency Originations, PGIM Real Estate
Powered by GreenPearl
Private Label Conferences
We believe in the magic that happens when the smartest, boldest minds come together resulting in business growth and industry evolution. We build high-value events that foster relationships, tap into intellectual wisdom, promote authentic interaction and create success for our clients.